Saturday, November 13, 2010

It Just Sank In, One Full Day Left In Vietnam!

I love this island! It has everything I was looking for on this trip and best of all, with great people. The beaches don't hurt either. Today started with the fish sauce factory and, well, they really weren't working much today either. It turns out they really aren't doing anything until late next week. But we did get a tour from the manager and were allowed to photograph what we wanted. The vats are pretty cool and everthing reminded me of a winery, except for the smell of course. How funny is that? Can anyone out there possibly imagine how bad I am jonzing for a glass of good wine? Even mediocre wine. This is quite possibly the longest I have gone without a taste of the grape since I started collecting the stuff about 20 years ago. Needless to say, I am looking forward to Spain, not that I'm not loving Vietnam. It has been a trip of a lifetime.

Oops, got sidetracked with the wine rant. After the fish sauce factory, we headed out for some coffee. Hit it off with the owner who lent Zoom some sunglasses for the day and off we went to the southern tip of the island to Sao Beach. 27 Km on the motorbike. Just sat at a table on the beach, had a few beers, took a few pictures, read a few pages and watched a few people. Few people on earth had a better day than me! Came back on the opposite side of island on a dirt road along the coast. Truly wonderful.

Heading out for noodles tonight. The seafood has been great but I need a change of proteins. Some pho bo or bun bo hue is in order for tonight. That's beef with noodles for those of you not keeping up.

It hit me today that there is only one full day left. Looks like we may take the bike up to the north part of the island tomorrow. 120 total km. Can't think of a better way to finish the trip, but you never know what else might come up. I'll just have to see what the morning brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment